Exercise is something I can’t do much due to my mobility limitation. However, my shoulders have been in pain as if someone is shearing them apart. So I decided to go to the library and looked for easy exercise CDs that I could do.
I found a CD, and tried out the 10 Minutes Solution Series for the arms selection. I only did 10 minutes of warm up, stretching, push-up, and light weight lifting (2 pounds weight for me). After that, I was in much more pain than before! Everything hurts! The next three days hurt, and my arms felt very weak.
I figure I will allow my arms to settle, and then work out a routine or schedule afterward. We all know that there are many health benefits to exercise than short term pain, but if you need convincing, take a look below on why we should exercise:
- Pump fresh air into your body
- Get rid of toxins
- Healthier joints, bones, and muscles
- Better metabolism
- Heart, lungs, and immune system are strengthened
- Have more energy
- Reduce the risk of stress, stroke, cholesterol and heart disease
- Prevent osteoporosis, and arthritis
- Help controlling diabetes
- Improve endurance and memory
- Better sleep
With all of these benefits, I must wait for the pain to subside, and slowly work myself in a ritual every day. So, away with exercise I will do!