Facebook is such a bad place to hang out. It’s over rated! It has never been my favorite or of use or helpful to me in promoting my work. Back in 2007, when I first began writing online, we were all advised to have a Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg, and Twitter account, along with many other little social networking sites. Digg and StumbleUpon proved to be the best traffic generators for us back then.
If your article happened to get pick up by either StumbleUpon or Digg; you can rack in hundreds to thousands of view a day. Facebook and Twitter were still in their infancy! For me, even now, Facebook has been nothing but an extra account that I have to keep maintenance! If you don’t know the settings on Facebook, you will be bombed with your friends’ feeds, and then you wonder why or what you have the account for! This leads me to these questions:
- How many times do you check into Facebook a week?
- What is on your home page?
- How important is it for you to know what is going on in everyone’s life?
- Do you like people tagging you with their photos?
- How likely are you to close your Facebook account?