This is a healthy, easy, and quick recipe to make chicken rice soup, without preservatives or MSG.
It is also a good home remedy for coping with the common cold. The ginger slices will help settle upset stomach.
- 1 piece of skinless chicken breast.
- 4 cups of water
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- 5 thinly slices of fresh ginger.
- 1/2 Cup of uncooked rice
- Chopped green onion for garnish
Fill a pot with 4 cups of water. Add fresh ginger slices, 1/4 cup of uncooked rice, and chicken breast. Season with salt and pepper to taste! Let it cook for 30 minutes. Stir your chicken occasionally, and skim your broth.
Wash, peel, and chop up your carrots and celery stalks, about 1 inch thick. Add these vegetables to your soup.
Take the chicken breast out, and shred it using two forks by pulling it apart. Or you can cut it into small cubes. After you are done, add the chicken back into the soup.
When your carrots are tender, garnish your soup with chopped green onion.
- Substitude rice for pasta if you like.
- If you have chicken thigh, you can use it as well.
- Scoop out ginger slices before serving.